ICC Commercial Crime Service
- Pitfalls and Remedies in International Trade
- 06 Oct 13 - 11 Oct 13
- Swiss Holiday Park - Morschach
Pitfalls and Remedies in International Trade: Five-day course at Swiss Holiday Park, Morschach, 6 - 11 October 2013.
The IMB Trading Course is in its 28th successive year and widely acknowledged for its unique and practical approach in identifying and tackling potential pitfalls faced by those involved in international trade.
This fully residential intensive course has established itself as an essential date in the calendar of those responsible for managing and avoiding risk in today's trading environment. The course is designed for senior/middle managers in trading houses, banks, shipping companies, insurance companies with an interest in international trade.
Delegates will acquire an understanding of international trading problems including financing, insurance and shipping contracts. Recent developments will be analysed including a detailed examination of the manipulation of the documentary credit system, frauds, charter party failure and cargo abandonment at intermediate ports.
The course is heavily based on real-life case studies and draws on the considerable expertise of the IMB in preventing international trading problems.
Why attend the course?
- The changing face of trade finance fraud. Are your due diligence measures effective?
- How can you reduce risk by negotiating effective contract terms?
- What are the major vulnerabilities in the transportation chain?
- Why do charterparties fail? What can be done to prevent charterparty breakdowns?
- What action do you take when your cargo and / or vessel does not arrive at the discharge port?
- Who do you turn to when problems arise?
- What are the legal remedies that are practical and available?
A Certificate of Qualification will be awarded at the conclusion of the course.
Click here to download a copy of this year's course brochure (pdf).
The course is for senior/middle managers in trading houses, banks, shipping companies, insurance companies with an interest in international trade. The ideal participant will be engaged ‘hands-on’ within their organisation on a day-to-day basis.
In past years, the Annual IMB Trading Course has been attended by delegates from organisations based in over thirty different countries a small sample of which include :-
- ABN Amro Bank NV, Amsterdam
- Agrocorp International Pte Ltd, Singapore
- Aluminium Bahrain BSC, Manama
- Banca Commerciale Lugano, Lugano
- Barclays Bank Plc, London
- PT. Bank Negara Indonesia (PERSERO), Jakarta
- BP Oil International Ltd.
- Cellulose Marketing International AB, Gothenburg
- Central Bank of Jordan, Amman
- Central Insurance of Iran, Tehran
- Credit Suisse, Zurich & Geneva
- FortisBank NV, Rotterdam & Singapore
- Ghana National Petroleum Corporation
- Helm A.G., Hamburg
- ING Bank, Amsterdam & Rotterdam
- Malaysian International Shipping Corporation, Kuala Lumpur
- Munich Reinsurance, Munich
- National Maritime Authority, Lagos
- New India Assurance Co. Ltd., Mumbai
- PEC Limited, New Delhi
- Royal & Sun Alliance, London
- Solvay & Cie (Hestia), Brussels
- Swedish P & I Club, Gothenborg
- Tilleke & Gibbins, Bangkok
- Vesta Forsikring AS, Bergen
- Walter Matter SA, Geneva
- Winterthur Swiss Insurance Co, Winterthur
- Swiss Holiday Park
Swiss Holiday Park, Morschach, Switzerland
This fully residential course will be held at the conference centre of the Swiss Holiday Park, Morschach. The venue is located in a picturesque mountainous setting, where the emphasis is on comfort and friendliness, both of which are essential to this type of course.
The course is intended to be intensive both socially and academically and a social programme will be available to enable participants to get to know one another.
The Swiss Holiday Park boasts extensive recreational facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, fully equipped gym, racket sports, bowling alley, snooker and pool tables.
Copyright (C) ICC Commercial Crime Services