ICC Commercial Crime Service
- 25th Annual Port State Control Course
- 14 Apr 13 - 19 Apr 13
- Holiday Inn Hotel - Southampton
The IMB Port State Control Course presents the latest developments and amendments to the major conventions, regulations and codes including SOLAS, MARPOL 73/78 and its annexes, the IMSBC, HSC, BCH, IBC and IMDG codes. In addition, the course also looks atthe new IMO codes for bulk carriers and timber deck cargoes, fishing vessel safety protocols, CSC, new regulations for port state control, the International Container Inspection programme.
Register your interest in the course here
Course aims & benefits
The IMB Ports State Control Course is in its 25th successive year and is recognised and respected internationally as a comprehensive five day event providing a unique blend of classroom teaching as well as practical ship and port visits.
The course provides detailed guidelines on the main PSC conventions, including the implementation of the new MLC, the revised PSC procedures, documentation and certification.
It looks at the problems faced by those involved in ship inspections and how they can best be managed.
Lectures on specialised vessels and communication systems give delegates a unique insight into the workings of these systems, thus enriching their knowledge in how to better conduct an inspection.
Opportunity is provided to discuss issues and raise questions and concerns in an informal and lively atmosphere.
Why attend the course
- Port State Control is a rapidly-changing area.
- International, national and regional rules and regulations are constatntly under review.
- It is important for shipowners, operators and maritime administrators to remian abreast of these changes.
- Understanding regional MOUs helps port officers and maritime administrators as well as shipowners, operators and officers to be better prepared for inspections.
- Port State Control officers have to be aware of the functions and regulations of ISPS within their port facility making it an integral part of routine port duties.
Please click here to download a copy of the course brochure
Who should attend the course?
The course will benefit all those directly related to a Port State Control inspection including, but not limited to: Port State Officers, Port Facility Security Officers, personnel from Maritime Administrations, part and harbour masters, P&I clubs, flag and class surveyors and representatives of regional MOUs.
The course will also be beneficial to ship owners, operators, CSOs, DPAs, marine superintendents and masters.
In the past, the course has been attended by representatives from:-
Albania, Angola, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Brazil, Bulgaria, cameroon, Croatia, denmark, Estonia, Finland, Gambia, grenada, Iceland, India, Kenya, Kuwait, Malta, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Republic of Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, St. Kitts and Nevis, Sudan, Tanzania, trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turks and Caicos, UAE, UK, USA, West Indies, yemen.
- Holiday Inn Hotel
Copyright (C) ICC Commercial Crime Services