- About Us
- Courses / Training
- Contact Us
Internet Intelligence Course
- Internet Intelligence Course
- Sun, 19. September 2010 - Wed, 22. September 2010
- University of London - London
How to use the Internet as an Effective Investigative Research Tool: Three-day course at Cambridge University 19 - 22 September 2010.
Who should attend?
About the Speaker
ICC Commercial Crime Services have developed a three-day course to be held in state of the art computer facilities at Cambridge University which will provide delegates with:
- An overview of the Internet and how it works
- The ability to use the Internet in a more effective way as an open source/competitive intelligence tool
- Advanced techniques to mine data using different search tools and uncover hidden information
- Strategies for filtering, analysing and organising research data
- An awareness of security and privacy issues including techniques to both hide and increase visibilities of sites
The course will be highly practical and interactive and is led by David Toddington, who is a leading expert with a wealth of experience in this field. Each delegate will receive a 250-page comprehensive manual, as well as various shareware software applications, and a certificate of attendance.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Open Sources Intelligence (OSINT)
- Web 2.0 and ‘user generated content’
- Search Engine Mechanics
- Hypertext Markup Language Basics
- Meta” and “Mega” Search Tools
- Public Directories, Specialised Databases & Desktop Search Tools
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) - Common Internet Marketing Practices
- Downloading and Archiving Internet Sourced Materials
- Mapping and Automatically Monitoring Websites of Special Interest
- Determining the Geographic and Physical Location of Websites and Internet Users
- Maintaining Security and Protecting Privacy in the Networked World
- Advanced Forum and Newsgroup Searching Techniques
- Maintaining Anonymity Online - How and When to Protect Your Online Identity
- Making Sense of the Data - Introduction to the Intelligence Analysis Process
- Using Blog, Wiki and Social Networking sites as tactical intelligence tools
- Using RSS Feeds and News Aggregators
The course also includes:
- Intensive 3 day training for up to 25 delegates using networked computers
- A 250 page electronic course manual and shareware software applications
- Accommodation in single ensuite rooms at the college
- All meals
- Evening social programme
Who should attend?
This unique course is designed for anyone who wishes to use the Internet more effectively for research, investigation and information gathering. It will be of interest to a range of different individuals, including:
- Corporate security professionals in banks, insurers and multinationals
- Fraud investigators, accountants and analysts
- Competitive intelligence researchers
- Government and private sector investigators
- Law enforcement officers
- Knowledge workers and researchers
Here is a selection of organisations and companies that have attended the course in the past:
- Bank of America
- Barclays Capital
- Beam Global International Ltd
- BP International Limited
- BVI Financial Services Commission
- Chevron Global Security
- Civil Nuclear Constabulary
- Danish Defence Intelligence Service
- Du Pont
- Euroclear SA/NV
- Exxon Mobil
- Gibraltar Financial Services Commission
- Gibraltar Co-ordinating Centre for Criminal Intelligence & Drugs
- German Armed Forces
- Isle of Man Financial Supervision Commission
- Jersey Financial Services Commission
- JP Morgan
- Midlands Regional Asset Recovery Team
- MOD, Netherlands
- MOD, UK
- National Defence, Canada
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- North East Counter Terrorist Unit
- Philips International
- Prime Minister's Department, Malaysia
- Rabobank Nederland
- RAF, UK
- Romanian Intelligence Service
- Shell Petroleum
- Singapore Police Force
David Toddington is the Founder and President of Toddington International Inc.
Along with his Canadian and UK based team, David has developed and provides training on an ongoing basis to numerous Law Enforcement Training centres including the Canadian Police College, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pacific Region Training Centre, the West Yorkshire Police Training and Development Centre (United Kingdom), the National Police Improvement Agency (UK) the Justice Institute of British Columbia, the Ontario Police College, the Forensic Sciences Department at the British Columbia Institute of Technology and Centro Internacional de Inteligencia (Mexico).
In working with the Private Sector, David maintains a position as Special Advisor to the International Chamber of Commerce, Commercial Crime Services in London, England. David has frequently appeared as a guest on the national Canadian television news network, CTV NewsNet. Radio appearances include CBC Radio One and the BBC World Service. Dave has been a regular contributor to numerous law enforcement publications in Europe and North America.
Since 1989 David has held numerous peace officer appointments including RCMP Supernumerary Constable, Designated Law Enforcement Officer (DLEO) with the Organized Crime Agency of British Columbia, RCMP Auxiliary Constable within the Province of British Columbia and Technical Reserve with the City of Moscow Police in Idaho State.
Among other awards, David has been the recipient of a Royal Canadian Mounted Police Commanding Officer’s Commendation for his work in the development and implementation of new police Open Source intelligence systems.
With an unrivalled reputation in the provision of Online Research Training and Internet based Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Services, Toddington International Inc. has specialized in providing cost effective and innovative online research training and support solutions to public and private sector organisations worldwide since 1997.
With a client base ranging from law enforcement, regulatory and government agencies to members of the Fortune 500, Toddington International’s innovative training programmes succeed in helping front-line professionals get the critical information they need when they need it, effectively and safely.
Built on the operational experience of a trusted team that includes highly qualified intelligence analysts, investigators, psychologists, educators, legal practitioners and other professionals, TII’s training programmes are delivered in compelling formats for peak effect, focused on the specific needs of each client group.
Click here to download this year's course brochure for more information. To register for the course click here.
- University of London
London School of Economics & Political Science.
Powered by JEM