- About Us
- Courses / Training
- Contact Us
Advice To Masters
General advice to Masters
Be aware of the sea areas and ports affected by piracy and armed robbery. The IMB Piracy Reporting Centre (IMB PRC) broadcasts incidents of piracy and armed robbery incidents to all ships in the IOR and AOR regions via InMARSAT Safety Net System. Similar information can be viewed on the Piracy Map
In most incidents pirates and armed robbers will abandon an attack when they know they been spotted or feel the vessel has been secured and is a difficult target. However Somali and Nigerian pirates tend to be more aggressive so additional precautions must be taken.
1. Company and ship specific procedures.
2. Advice in IMO circular MSC.1/Circ.1334 (23 June 2009)
3. Procedures given in the latest version of the BMP while transiting high risk areas.
Always report ALL actual, attempted or suspicious piracy and armed robbery incidents occurring anywhere to the 24-hour manned IMB PRC. This is crucial in the response procedures as well as broadcasting the threat to ALL vessels in the area.
IMB PRC Contact Details
Tel: +60 3 2078 5763 / +60 3 2031 0287 / + 60 3 2031 3106
24 Hrs ANTI PIRACY HELPLINE: +60 3 2031 0014 (Manned 24 Hrs everyday)
Fax: +60 3 2078 5769
General E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the IMB for any further information
- Commercial Crime Services
- IMB Piracy Reporting Centre
- Counterfeiting Intelligence Bureau
- International Maritime Bureau
- Financial Investigation Bureau