- About Us
- Courses / Training
- Contact Us
CreatedSaturday, 12 November 2011
Last modifiedFriday, 07 July 2017
Favourites94 Services /index.php/site_content/item/94-servicesClick to subscribe
The PRC has always provided a complete service to the industry.
The service involves, operating a centre, which is manned 24 hours a day 365 days a year enabling a master anywhere in the world to call the centre and be assured that there will always be someone available to answer, support and assist positively.
The information is shared with the industry, law enforcement, and governments in a transparent and open manner.
The services provided free by the PRC are as follows:
- Issuing daily status reports on piracy and armed robbery to ships in the IOR and AOR via broadcasts on the Inmarsat-C SafetyNET service
- Reporting piracy and armed robbery at sea incidents to law enforcement
- Helping local law enforcement catch pirates and assisting in bringing them to justice
- Assisting and advising ship-owners whose vessels have been attacked or hijacked
- Assisting and advising masters and crew members whose vessels have been attacked
- Collating and disseminating information on piracy in all parts of the world
- Providing updates on pirate / armed robbery activity via the Internet
- Providing access to the Live Piracy Map
- Publishing comprehensive quarterly and annual reports detailing piracy statistics
The above services of the Piracy Reporting Centre are provided free of charge to all ships irrespective of their ownership or flag.
On a chargeable basis the IMB – PRC:
- Investigates / locates vessels, which have illegally deviated for insurance purposes or for illegally selling cargo